A Degree in Data Analytics for Military and Veterans
Getting a Degree in Data Analytics
A Degree in Data Analytics prepares students for careers in a world that is increasingly data-driven. With this interdisciplinary degree, students will be prepared for jobs in a variety of dynamic fields that require the application of interdisciplinary, scientific, and statistical knowledge.
What Can You Do with a Degree in Data Analytics?
With a Degree in Data Analytics, students are prepared to understand and interpret data. There are a wide variety of fields that desire graduates with a Degree in Data Analytics including:
There is an increasing need for skilled data analysts who can collect, analyze, and produce actionable insights from raw data.
Is a Data Analytics Degree Hard?
Earning a Degree in Data Analytics is not hard! Information is all around us; understanding and using this invaluable information is a skill much-needed in the 21st century.
Certificate in Data Analytics
A Certificate in Data Analytics will introduce students to the fundamentals of this field. Students acquire competency in current and upcoming trends in data analytics, applying them to generate insights in a variety of entry level job opportunities.
A Data Analytics Certificate can lead to jobs including:
- Computer Science
- Business Management
- Sports Analyst
- Citizen Data Scientist
- Business Analyst
- Big Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics
A Degree in Data Analytics is a valuable asset. Across all industries, professionals with data analysis skills deliver beneficial insights. With Data Analytics, organizations and companies can boost performance, increase profitability, and help shape policy and procedure.
Students will learn about the core concepts in Data Analytics including:
- Big Data
- Relevance of analysis to differing audiences
- Data literacy
- Technical aspects
- Effective communication of data analysis
- Effective presentation of insights gained from data analysis
- Professional marketability
Master’s Degree in Data Analytics
A Master’s Degree in Data Analytics is ideal for those seeking supervisory positions in their career. A graduate degree is also a great educational path for those seeking to remain in academia, teaching, and/or publishing research.
Jobs with a Degree in Data Analytics
- Market Research Analyst – Study consumer preferences, business conditions, and other factors to assess potential sales of a product or service. Median Annual Salary: $64,000.
- Cost Estimator – Collect and analyze data in order to assess the time, money, materials, and labor required to make a product or provide a service. Median Annual Salary: $65,000.
- Budget Analyst – Help public and private organizations plan their finances. Median Annual Salary: $80,000.
- Postsecondary Teacher – Instruct students in Data Analytics courses beyond the high school level. Median Annual Salary: $80,000.
- Operations Research Analyst – Use mathematics and logic to help solve complex issues. Median Annual Salary: $82,000.
- Management Analyst – Recommend ways to improve an organization’s efficiency. Median Annual Salary: $93,000.
- Financial Analyst – Guide businesses and individuals in decisions about expending money to attain profit. Median Annual Salary: $96,000.
- Actuary – Use mathematics, statistics, and financial theory to analyze the economic costs of risk and uncertainty. Median Annual Salary: $106,000.
- Author – Develop written content for various types of media on the topic of Data Analytics. Median Annual Salary: $122,000.
Is a Data Analytics Degree worth it?
Yes, a Degree in Data Analytics is worth it! The demand for data analysts continues to grow, year after year. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for this field is projected to increase by 15 percent over the next decade.
Take advantage of educational entitlements such as the GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon program and students can earn a degree for zero money out-of-pocket! Don’t forget about the MyCAA program for eligible spouses; MyCAA provides funding for Associate Degree and Certificate programs.
GI Bill-approved Schools for Data Analytics Degrees and Certificates
Ready to start your Certificate or Degree in Data Analytics? Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
Offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Data Analytics and a Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics. Both options are offered fully online, campus-based, and as a hybrid program. Golden Gate University is a Yellow Ribbon school.
Offers a Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics. Lasell University is a Yellow Ribbon school.
Offers a Master of Science in Data Analytics. UNLV also has a Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics, available as a fully online program. University of Nevada Las Vegas is a Yellow Ribbon school.
Offers Data Analytics as a minor for its undergraduate programs.
Offers a Master of Science in Data Science. The University of Colorado Boulder is a Yellow Ribbon school.
Offers a Bachelor of Science in Data Science and a Master of Science in Data Science. Additionally, there is a 4+1 program to earn both the BS and MS in 5 years. Loyola University Chicago participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Offers a Master of Science and a Ph.D. in Data Science. St. Peter’s is a Yellow Ribbon school.
*All statistics and calculations from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. For more information click here.
- Earning a Degree in Digital Humanities for Military and Veterans
- Dual Degree Programs for Military and Veterans
About the author
Born in SoCal yet raised Tampa, Florida - Leah earned her undergraduate BA in Liberal Studies from the University of Central Florida. Leah earned her MA in the MALAS at San Diego State University, while also completing a graduate teaching certificate in English for Secondary Education. An avid traveler, she has visited more than 60 countries. With the birth of her son Spencer in 2012, Leah embarked on her biggest adventure (yet) as parent and Coast Guard wife.