Scholarships for Veterans in Entertainment
The Student Veterans of America (SVA) and NBC Universal have teamed up to offer scholarships to veterans who are moving into the entertainment industry.
The Comcast NBC Universal-SVA Scholarship
The Comcast NBC Universal-SVA Scholarship will award two (2) $12,000 scholarships to student veterans interested in pursuing careers in the entertainment industry.
See Also: Military Veteran Scholarships
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2022. To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Current graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited college or university
- Enrolled in the 2021/2022 school year
- Submit proof of military service
- Send a resume
- Upload transcript from current school showing 3.0 GPA or higher
- Submit application with short essay
Additionally, for the proof of military service, submit a copy of your DD-214 with the Social Security Number redacted for privacy purposes. See example here.
For the essay, you will need to answer the following questions:
- How have you carried your leadership experiences from your military service over into the classroom or other university activities?
- Why are you interested in NBC Universal and a career in the entertainment industry?
- If you had to pick a specific function (marketing, business development, production, etc.), which one are you most interested in and why?
Moreover, there is no minimum or maximum word count listed on the NBC Universal-SVA Scholarship page.
Applying for this Veteran Scholarship
So, if you meet the above criteria and are interested in this scholarship, apply on the Student Veterans of America website. You will need to login to the SVA Portal. But, if you don’t already have an account, you can create one by following the link above.
Remember, the application deadline is April 1, 2022, so don’t delay! We’re talking $12K for school, and there are sure to be lots of applicants.
Also, be sure to check out CollegeRecon’s Scholarship Finder Tool to help you find ways to pay for college.
Find Scholarships for Military, Veterans, Spouses, Dependents Today!
About the author
Robert Haynes is a retired Army infantryman who has a squad of kids and is married to an active duty Soldier. He is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, who spent his last few years in the Army as a Drill Sergeant. He is now a full-time dad, freelance writer, and out-of-work comedian.