Business Administration Degrees
Getting a degree in Business Administration is one of the more popular choices when it comes to what you will study in college. Getting this type of degree will give you a general background in accounting, finance, marketing, human resources management, and other business-related topics. You can get an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree in Business Administration.
Classes For Degree in Business Administration:
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
With an associate’s degree in Business Administration, you should be able to find entry-level jobs in the business world. It can also be a good first step towards a bachelor’s degree and a lifelong career in business. An AA will give you an overview of management principles, interpersonal skills, and business-oriented technology.
You can get your associate’s degree in Business Administration online, or in person. For in-person classes, most community colleges would offer this degree. For online classes, Penn State World Campus, Indiana Wesleyan Univerity, and Notre Dame College are some of the schools that offer top-rated online programs.
Jobs you can get with an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration:
- Executive Assistant with an average salary of $48,797, according to Glassdoor, as of April 2020.
- Office Manager with an average salary of $41,264, according to Glassdoor, as of April 2020.
- Payroll and Benefits Administrator with an average salary of $51,100, according to Glassdoor as of February 2020.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Getting your bachelor’s degree in Business Administration can open more doors for you. You can qualify for more management positions, or positions to help improve business operations.
There are many online programs to get your bachelor’s in Business Administration, but you can also find in-person programs too. The University of Florida, the University of Arizona, and the University of Missouri-Columbia are a few of the schools that have top-rated online bachelor’s degree programs in Business Administration. The Georgia Institute of Technology, Scheller College of Business, the University of Norte Dame, Mendoza College of Business, and Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business are all top-rated choices with in-person programs.
Jobs you can get with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration:
- Financial Controller with an average salary of $99,931, according to Glassdoor, as of April 2020.
- Human Resources Director with an average salary of $82,068, according to Glassdoor, as of April 2020.
- Senior Account Manager with an average salary of $104,274, according to Glassdoor as of April 2020.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
With a master’s degree in Business Administration, an MBA you can set yourself up for higher management positions. You can have a general focus with your MBA or a more specific one such as in finance, marketing, or accounting.
Having an MBA can be essential in some fields. Most people with an MBA go into the corporate world but you can also become an instructor with the degree.
MBA programs can take between 1-3 years. There are accelerated programs, executive programs for those with work experience, and dual programs, where you can earn an MBA with another degree.
You can find online programs. Schools such as John Hopkins University, the University of Southern California, and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities have highly rated online MBA programs. Stanford, University of Pennsylvania-Wharton, and Northwestern University-Kellogg have highly rated in-person programs.
Jobs you can get with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration:
- Business Manager with an average salary of $63,388, according to Glassdoor, as of April 2020.
- VP of Business Development with an average salary of $165,072, according to Glassdoor, as of April 2020.
- Chief Financial Officer with an average salary of $146,414, according to Glassdoor as of February 2020.
If you want to go further with your education, you can also go on to get your Doctor of Business Administration, DBA, or your Ph.D. in Business Administration.
Related Majors: Office Management, Project Management, or Retail Management
Scholarships: There are many scholarships for those majoring in a business-related field. Here are a couple of them:
- Entrepreneur Circle Scholarship- This scholarship is for $1,000 for current college, university, and grad school students enrolled in a 2 or 4-year program, and who seek to and/or are in the process of launching a new company.
- SHRM Graduate Foundation Scholarship-This scholarship is for a $5,000 scholarship for those enrolled in a degree-seeking master or doctoral programs, with an HR-related degree program.
- Scholarships For Those Going Into Business
- GMAT Waivers For Military & Veterans
- Top High Paying Jobs For Veterans
- 6 Degree Programs Being Hired Like Crazy
- Getting a Degree in Social Work