Getting a Degree in Exercise Science: What Can you do with an Exercise Science Degree?A Degree in Exercise Science studies the effects of exercise on health, human performance, and overall wellness. Students learn to utilize science, research, and practical application of the field of exercise science to aid people towards health and wellness. A Degree in Exercise Science has a focus on physical health and fitness as a primary vehicle to improving quality of life.
- Fitness trainer– Lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities. Median Annual Salary: $41,000.
- Exercise physiologist– Develop fitness and exercise programs that help injured or sick patients recover. Bachelor’s degree required. Median Annual Salary: $48,000.
- Athletic trainer– Specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating muscle and bone injuries and illnesses. Bachelor’s degree required. Median Annual Salary: $48,000.
- Recreational therapist– Plan, direct, and coordinate recreation-based treatment programs for people with disabilities, injuries, or illnesses. Bachelor’s degree required. Median Annual Salary: $48,000.
Is an Exercise Science Degree hard?A Degree in Exercise Science is not hard! A Degree in Exercise Science prepares students for the technical and theoretical aspects of a career in this field. This degree requires both classroom and hands-on learning which helps keep students fully engaged.
Associate Degree in Exercise ScienceWith an Associate Degree in Exercise Science students will gain competent entry-level skills for Exercise Science professionals. Students will master skills including:
- physical fitness
- cardiovascular functions
- pulmonary functions
- metabolic functions
- planning and implementing programs for both diseased and healthy populations
- implementing programs to maintain and enhance health
- implementing programs to maintain and enhance quality of life
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise ScienceA Bachelor’s in Exercise Science will add to the Associate Degree skills and knowledge. Students are also allowed the opportunity to choose a specialty concentration including:
- Exercise Physiology-geared towards exercise physiology, health care professions, and/or graduate school.
- Exercise Specialist– students prepare for work in a clinical setting, ranging from wellness to rehabilitation.
- Pre-Physical/Occupational Therapy/Podiatric Medicine– prepares students for graduate school in these areas.
- Strength and Conditioning– prepares students to gain employment working with all levels of athletes, in a strength and conditioning facility or other professional environments.
Search and select multiple degree level.
Search and select multiple area of focus.
Troy University - TroyTroy, ALPartner School
Troy University is a public institution comprised of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, TROY provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to include doctoral programs, for...
Arkansas State University-Main CampusState University, ARPartner School
Focusing on its mission to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth and enrich lives, A-State meets the challenges of continuing as a destination university for more than 13,000 students through the combination of world-class research...
Lasell UniversityNewton, MAPartner School
Lasell University Military & Veteran Support Programs Lasell University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Lasell University has GI Bill-approved programs Lasell University is approved for Tuition Assistance Lasell University is a Yellow...
University of DaytonDayton, OHPartner School
University of Dayton University of Dayton is a 4-year, private university located in Dayton, OH. Students at University of Dayton can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. University of Dayton Military &...
Xavier UniversityCincinnati, OHPartner School
Xavier University Military & Veteran Support Programs Xavier offers the following veteran and military support programs: Xavier has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for military experience Awards credit...
University of the Incarnate WordSan Antonio, TXPartner School
UIW is dedicated to the success of military students at all levels. Degree programs are developed to maximize military service while providing a foundation for post-military life. Many faculty and staff have former military experience...
East Tennessee State UniversityJohnson City, TNPartner School
East Tennessee University was ranked one of 2018’s best colleges and universities for military and veterans. They pride themselves on creating productive citizens who serve their communities. It’s easy to become part of this...
Viterbo UniversityLa Crosse, WIPartner School
Viterbo University Military & Veteran Support Programs Viterbo University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Viterbo University has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for military experience...
Alamo Colleges DistrictSan Antonio, TXPartner School
The Alamo Colleges District provides support and advocacy for our military families through offices on Joint Base San Antonio and at our colleges through St. Philip’s College Military Support Services (MSS) Department and San...
Houston Christian UniversityHouston, TXPartner School
Houston Christian University Military & Veteran Support Programs Houston Christian University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Houston Christian University has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit...
Master’s Degree in Exercise ScienceStudents earning a Master’s Degree in Exercise Science will choose a specialty field to both study and conduct research. Many Exercise Science students will pursue graduate studies in fields such as fitness, wellness, sports performance, or any variety of medical fields. The goal of a graduate degree program is to produce well-educated, highly skilled, and nationally certified professionals throughout the diverse field of exercise science.
Students should specifically seek out programs that are nationally certified including: The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and The Committee on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.