Start a Great Career with an Education in AgribusinessAgricultural Business, also referred to as Agribusiness, is an interdisciplinary field of study. All aspects of the food and fiber value chain, and all the institutions that influence it, are part of agribusiness.
- Crop production
- Farming and contract farming
- Farm machinery
- Seed supply
- Retail sales
Certificate Programs in AgribusinessAn undergraduate certificate in Agribusiness can be a great introductory program to this field of study. Students can earn an undergraduate certificate as a standalone program or in conjunction with an Associate or Bachelor’s degree. A certificate program will explore the production, protection, sales, and marketing of an agricultural product(s) to satisfy customer need.
Jobs with a Certificate in Agribusiness
- Conservation Worker - Measure and improve the quality of forests. Conservation workers typically work for state and local governments or on privately owned forest lands or nurseries. Median Annual Salary: $31,000.
- Purchasing Agent - Buy products and services for organizations. For purchasing agents of farm products, a certificate or degree in agriculture, agriculture production, or animal science is often beneficial. Median Annual Salary: $72,000.
GI Bill®-Approved Schools with Certificates in AgribusinessReady to start your Certificate in Agribusiness? Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
- Certificate of Accomplishment- Agribusiness: Pairing Wine and Food
- Certificate of Achievement- Agribusiness: Viticulture
- Certificate of Achievement- Agribusiness: Wine Business
Online Certificate Programs in Agribusiness
Associate Degree in AgribusinessAn Associate Degree in Agribusiness prepares students for agribusiness careers and further educational success. An Associate Degree in Agribusiness can prepare students for a wide variety of jobs including:
- Corporate environmental management
- Farm owner or manager
- Financial analysis/statistics
- Manufacturing manager
- Marketing / Advertising Manager
- Public relations manager
- Sales manager
Jobs with an Associate Degree in Agribusiness
- Agricultural Technician - Work in laboratories, processing plants, farms and ranches, greenhouses, and offices assisting agricultural and food scientists. Median Annual Salary: $42,000.
- Agricultural Manager - Run establishments that produce crops, livestock, or dairy products. Median Annual Salary: $68,000.
Search and select multiple degree level.
Search and select multiple area of focus.
Troy University - TroyTroy, ALPartner School
Troy University is a public institution comprised of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, TROY provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to include doctoral programs, for...
Arkansas State University-Main CampusState University, ARPartner School
Focusing on its mission to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth and enrich lives, A-State meets the challenges of continuing as a destination university for more than 13,000 students through the combination of world-class research...
Lasell UniversityNewton, MAPartner School
Lasell University Military & Veteran Support Programs Lasell University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Lasell University has GI Bill-approved programs Lasell University is approved for Tuition Assistance Lasell University is a Yellow...
Emerson CollegeBoston, MAPartner School
Emerson College offers educational programs that prepare undergraduate and graduate students to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in communication and the arts, and to pursue scholarship and work that brings innovation to these disciplines.
University of DaytonDayton, OHPartner School
University of Dayton University of Dayton is a 4-year, private university located in Dayton, OH. Students at University of Dayton can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. University of Dayton Military &...
Xavier UniversityCincinnati, OHPartner School
Xavier University Military & Veteran Support Programs Xavier offers the following veteran and military support programs: Xavier has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for military experience Awards credit...
East Tennessee State UniversityJohnson City, TNPartner School
East Tennessee University was ranked one of 2018’s best colleges and universities for military and veterans. They pride themselves on creating productive citizens who serve their communities. It’s easy to become part of this...
Alamo Colleges DistrictSan Antonio, TXPartner School
The Alamo Colleges District provides support and advocacy for our military families through offices on Joint Base San Antonio and at our colleges through St. Philip’s College Military Support Services (MSS) Department and San...
University of the Incarnate WordSan Antonio, TXPartner School
UIW is dedicated to the success of military students at all levels. Degree programs are developed to maximize military service while providing a foundation for post-military life. Many faculty and staff have former military experience...
Houston Christian UniversityHouston, TXPartner School
Houston Christian University Military & Veteran Support Programs Houston Christian University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Houston Christian University has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit...
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityBlacksburg, VAPartner School
The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
GI Bill®-Approved Schools with Associate Degrees in AgribusinessReady to start your degree in Agribusiness? The Agribusiness degrees for military veterans featured here are designed to give veterans the knowledge and skills needed to enter a career in Agribusiness. Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
- Associate in Arts in Agribusiness: Enology/Viticulture
- Associate in Science in Agribusiness
- Associate in Arts in Agribusiness: Viticulture
- Associate in Arts in Agribusiness: Wine Business
Bachelor’s Degree in AgribusinessAn undergraduate degree in Agribusiness will provide students with a comprehensive, interdisciplinary education. Students can individualize their studies based on interests and future career goals. Popular specialties include:
- Farm Management
- Commodity Procurement
- Labor and Personnel Management
- Public Policy
- Global Food Issues
Jobs with a Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness
- Forester - Manage the overall land quality of forests, parks, rangelands, and other natural resources. Foresters work for governments (federal, state, and local), on privately owned lands, or in social advocacy organizations. Median Annual Salary: $64,000.
- Agricultural Manager - Run establishments that produce crops, livestock, and dairy products. Median Annual Salary: $68,000.
- Agricultural Scientist - Research ways to improve the efficiency and safety of agricultural establishments and products. Median Annual Salary: $69,000.
- Agricultural Engineer - Solve problems concerning power supplies, machine efficiency, the use of structures and facilities, pollution and environmental issues, and the storage and processing of agricultural products. Median Annual Salary: $84,000.
GI Bill®-Approved Schools with Bachelor’s Degrees in AgribusinessReady to start your Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness? Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
Michigan State University - Offers a Bachelor’s of Science in Agribusiness Management. Michigan State participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Online Agribusiness Bachelor’s Programs
- Buena Vista University - Offers an online Bachelor’s in Agricultural Business. This degree is also offered as a campus-based program. Buena Vista University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
- Fort Hays State University- Offers a fully online Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Business. This can also be found as a campus-based degree program. Fort Hays State University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Master’s Degree in AgribusinessA Master’s Degree in Agribusiness is a popular choice for those seeking to become an expert in their field. A graduate degree in Agribusiness is also a great choice for those choosing to focus on research or teaching Agribusiness courses.
Jobs with a Master’s Degree in Agribusiness
- Postsecondary Teacher - Instruct students in Agribusiness courses beyond the high school level. Median Annual Salary: $80,000.
- Top Executive - Plan strategies and policies to ensure that an organization meets its goals. Median Annual Salary: $105,000.
- Purchasing Manager - Oversee the work of buyers and purchasing agents that buy products and services for organizations. Median Annual Salary: $126,000.
Online Agribusiness Master’s ProgramsReady to start your Master’s Degree in Agribusiness? Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
Kansas State University Online - Offers a Master of Agribusiness. This program is a flexible, online, business-focused graduate degree for food, animal health, and agribusiness professionals. There are some in-person, residential campus sessions required. Kansas State University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.