Find Your Niche: Start a Great Career with a Degree in Arabic Studies!Arabic Studies is the perfect degree for students interested in all aspects of the Middle East including culture, politics, history, economics, media, film, and many other facets that meld together to form the entirety of Arabic society. A degree in Arabic Studies is interdisciplinary, examining the Middle East from many disciplines and perspectives. Similarly named degrees may include Middle Eastern and/or Islamic Studies.
- Arts (Administration and Creative)
- Public Policy
Certificate Programs in Arabic StudiesA Certificate in Arabic Studies can be a great introductory program to this field of study. Explore the cultures and histories of the Middle East. Study the various diasporic Arabic communities and their influences across the globe.
Students can earn an undergraduate certificate as a standalone program or in conjunction with an Associate or Bachelor’s degree. Graduate certificates are typically designed for the working professional and may be pursued by those already possessing a baccalaureate degree.
A Certificate in Arabic Studies can enhance career advancement and salary prospects. Certificates are also an excellent asset for those seeking to embark on a new career.
Jobs with a Certificate in Arabic Studies:
- Human Service Assistants- Provide services for clients, and specific populations of clients, in a variety of social service fields. Human Service Assistants may work for nonprofit organizations, for-profit social service agencies, and state and local governments. Median Annual Salary: $35,000.
- Travel Agent- Sell transportation, lodging, and entertainment activities to individuals and groups planning trips. Median Annual Salary: $52,000.
- Translator- Convert information from one language into another language. Must be proficient in at minimum 2 languages. Median Annual Salary: $52,000.
- Museum Technician- Prepare and restore items in collections of historical items and artwork. Median Annual Salary: $52,000.
American University- Offers an undergraduate Certificate in Arabic Studies. American University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
George Mason University- Offers a Graduate Certificate in Middle East and Islamic Studies. George Mason University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Bachelor's Degree in Arabic StudiesWith a Bachelor’s in Arabic Studies students will acquire the skills to think critically, creatively, and independently about important Middle Eastern and international issues that impact Arabic communities.
Students gain knowledge through a wide variety of courses including those in:
- Popular Culture
- Women’s Studies
Jobs with a Bachelor’s Degree in Arabic Studies:
- Legislator- An elected position responsible for development, introduction, and/or enactment of laws and statutes at the local, state, tribal, or federal level. Median Annual Salary: $30,000.
- News Correspondent– Work for newspaper, website, or periodical publishers or in television or radio broadcasting and inform the public about news and events. Specifically, as it relates to and/or impacts international and Middle Eastern news. Median Annual Salary: $46,000.
- Adult ESL (English as a Second Language) Teacher- Instruct adults in fundamental skills, such as reading and speaking English. They also help students earn their high school equivalency credential. Median Annual Salary: $55,000.
- Public Relations Specialist- Create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization they represent. Median Annual Salary: $63,000.
- Customs Broker- Works to ensure client shipments meet the dozens of requirements enforced by US Customs and Border Control. Median Annual Salary: $76,000.
American University- Offers a Bachelor of Arts in Arabic Studies and a BA in Arab World Studies. American University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Georgetown University- Offers a Bachelor of Arts in Arabic and Islamic Studies. Georgetown also offers a PhD in Arabic and Islamic Studies. Georgetown participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Le Moyne College- Offers a Middle East and Islamic Studies Minor for its Interdisciplinary Bachelor’s Degree. Le Moyne participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Syracuse University- Offers a Minor in Arabic for its undergraduate degrees. Syracuse participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
University of Chicago- Offers a Bachelor of Arts in Middle Eastern Studies and a BA in Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations with a Specialization in Arabic Studies. The University of Chicago participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
University of South Alabama- Offers a Middle East Studies Concentration for its Bachelor of Arts in International Studies. USA participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
California University of Pennsylvania- Offers a fully online Bachelor’s in Arabic Language and Cultures. This degree is designed to advance students from beginner to advanced Arabic language skills while also imparting a deep understanding of Arabic culture.
Search and select multiple degree level.
Search and select multiple area of focus.
Troy University - TroyTroy, ALPartner School
Troy University is a public institution comprised of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, TROY provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to include doctoral programs, for...
Arkansas State University-Main CampusState University, ARPartner School
Focusing on its mission to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth and enrich lives, A-State meets the challenges of continuing as a destination university for more than 13,000 students through the combination of world-class research...
University of the WestRosemead, CAPartner School
Our students not only master a body of knowledge, but they also learn to understand, appreciate and function effectively in today's multicultural society. University of the West you will discover a learning community that combines...
University of Colorado BoulderBoulder, COPartner School
University of Colorado Boulder University of Colorado Boulder is a 4-year, University of Colorado Boulder university located in Boulder, CO. Students at University of Colorado Boulder can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral degree programs.
Purdue University Northwest-HammondHammond, INPartner School
Purdue University Northwest Veterans Services: a program designed to create a community of university personnel, students, and community agencies that provide individual support/service that increases the likelihood of veterans and student service members successfully...
Lasell UniversityNewton, MAPartner School
Lasell University Military & Veteran Support Programs Lasell University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Lasell University has GI Bill-approved programs Lasell University is approved for Tuition Assistance Lasell University is a Yellow...
Emerson CollegeBoston, MAPartner School
Emerson College offers educational programs that prepare undergraduate and graduate students to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in communication and the arts, and to pursue scholarship and work that brings innovation to these disciplines.
The College of Saint RoseAlbany, NYPartner School
The College of Saint Rose is 100% uncapped Yellow Ribbon School. Receive college credit for military training, including PE credit for basic training. We offer the Massry Veteran Scholarship. Saint Rose Accelerated Programs which allow you...
University of DaytonDayton, OHPartner School
University of Dayton University of Dayton is a 4-year, private university located in Dayton, OH. Students at University of Dayton can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. University of Dayton Military &...
Xavier UniversityCincinnati, OHPartner School
Xavier University Military & Veteran Support Programs Xavier offers the following veteran and military support programs: Xavier has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for military experience Awards credit...
Master's Degree in Arabic StudiesA Master’s Degree in Arabic Studies will provide students with a solid foundation in language, literature, and cultural aspects of the historical and the modern Arab world. Students will develop a deep understanding of the peoples of North Africa, Egypt, the Arab Middle East, and the Arab diaspora.
A graduate degree in Arabic Studies will help students further build their analytical and critical thinking skills. Students will also further develop their research, communication, and writing skills. A Master’s Degree in Arabic Studies is a popular choice for those seeking to become an expert in this field and those choosing career paths such as writing or postsecondary teaching.
Jobs with a Master’s Degree in Arabic Studies:
- Historian- Research, analyze, interpret, and write about the past by studying historical documents and sources especially as it relates to the greater Arabic community and the Middle East. Median Annual Salary: $63,000.
- Ethnic and Cultural Studies Teacher, Postsecondary- Teach courses pertaining to the culture and development of an area, an ethnic group, or any other group, such as Arabic studies. Median Annual Salary: $88,000.
- Public Relations Manager- Direct the creation of materials that will enhance the public image of their employer or client. Median Annual Salary: $118,000.
- Author- Develop written content for various types of media on international and Arabic Studies interests and/or topics. Median Annual Salary: $122,000.
George Mason University- Offers a Master of Arts in Middle East and Islamic Studies. George Mason University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Georgetown University- Offers a Master of Arts in Arabic and Islamic Studies. Georgetown participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
University of Chicago- Offers a Master of Arts in Middle Eastern Studies. The University of Chicago participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.