Fashion + Business = Fashion Merchandising DegreeIf you enjoy fashion and also have a strong business sense then a Degree in Fashion Merchandising is a perfect fit. A Degree in Fashion Merchandising gives students a foundation in the art of merchandising and the business of fashion. Students learn an array of skills including:
- Consumer behavior regarding design
- Market research
- Impact of globalization on fashion
- Impact of globalization on business
- Retail management theory
- Retail management technique
Associate Degree in Fashion MerchandisingAn Associate Degree in Fashion Merchandising can be a great introductory program to this field of study. Students will begin to immerse themselves in both the business and fashion fields. Receive a comprehensive background in both fashion and business before embarking in a related career or continue with a baccalaureate degree.
Jobs with an Associate Degree in Fashion Merchandising
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of retail sales workers in an establishment or department. Duties may include management functions, such as purchasing, budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties. Median Annual Salary: $47,000.
- Public Relations Specialist- Create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization they represent. Median Annual Salary: $63,000.
GI Bill®-Approved Schools Offering an Associate Degree in Fashion MerchandisingReady to start your Associate Degree in Fashion Merchandising? Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
- Bay State College- Offers an Associate of Science in Fashion Merchandising. Bay State College participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion MerchandisingA comprehensive Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising will cover topics such as:
- History of Fashion
- Textile Science
- Visual Merchandising
- Contemporary Designers and Trends
- Principles of Marketing
- Merchandise Marketing & Control
- Retail Operations
- Digital Merchandising
- International Retailing
Search and select multiple degree level.
Search and select multiple area of focus.
University of Cincinnati OnlineCincinnati, OHPartner School
The University of Cincinnati Online puts great pride into being a top choice for veterans and military affiliated students. Our department of Veterans Programs and Services provides a dedicated support system ranging from benefit...
Troy University - TroyTroy, ALPartner School
Troy University is a public institution comprised of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, TROY provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to include doctoral programs, for...
Arkansas State University-Main CampusState University, ARPartner School
Focusing on its mission to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth and enrich lives, A-State meets the challenges of continuing as a destination university for more than 13,000 students through the combination of world-class research...
University of the WestRosemead, CAPartner School
Our students not only master a body of knowledge, but they also learn to understand, appreciate and function effectively in today's multicultural society. University of the West you will discover a learning community that combines...
University of Colorado BoulderBoulder, COPartner School
University of Colorado Boulder University of Colorado Boulder is a 4-year, University of Colorado Boulder university located in Boulder, CO. Students at University of Colorado Boulder can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral degree programs.
Purdue University Northwest-HammondHammond, INPartner School
Purdue University Northwest Veterans Services: a program designed to create a community of university personnel, students, and community agencies that provide individual support/service that increases the likelihood of veterans and student service members successfully...
Lasell UniversityNewton, MAPartner School
Lasell University Military & Veteran Support Programs Lasell University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Lasell University has GI Bill-approved programs Lasell University is approved for Tuition Assistance Lasell University is a Yellow...
Emerson CollegeBoston, MAPartner School
Emerson College offers educational programs that prepare undergraduate and graduate students to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in communication and the arts, and to pursue scholarship and work that brings innovation to these disciplines.
The College of Saint RoseAlbany, NYPartner School
The College of Saint Rose is 100% uncapped Yellow Ribbon School. Receive college credit for military training, including PE credit for basic training. We offer the Massry Veteran Scholarship. Saint Rose Accelerated Programs which allow you...
University of DaytonDayton, OHPartner School
University of Dayton University of Dayton is a 4-year, private university located in Dayton, OH. Students at University of Dayton can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. University of Dayton Military &...
Xavier UniversityCincinnati, OHPartner School
Xavier University Military & Veteran Support Programs Xavier offers the following veteran and military support programs: Xavier has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for military experience Awards credit...
Jobs with a Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising
- Buyer/Purchasing Agent- Buy products and services for organizations. Median Annual Salary: $72,000.
- Fashion Designer- Work in wholesale or manufacturing establishments, apparel companies, retailers, theater or dance companies, and design firms. Median Annual Salary: $76,000.
GI Bill®-Approved Schools Offering Bachelor Degrees in Fashion MerchandisingReady to start your Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising? Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
- University of Southern Mississippi Hattiesburg - Offers a Bachelor’s (BSBA) in Merchandising. Merchandising is also offered as a minor for other undergraduate degree programs. University of Southern Mississippi Hattiesburg participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
- Bay State College - Offers a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising. Bay State College participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Master’s Degree in Fashion MerchandisingA graduate degree in Fashion Merchandising will help students build their analytical and critical thinking skills while fine tuning their abilities to succeed in the complex environments of today’s businesses. Students will also further develop their artistic, research, communication, and writing skills. Students will dive deeper into concepts such as consumer behavior and advertising, product development and sourcing.
A Master’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising is a popular choice for those seeking to become an expert in their field or those choosing to focus on research or teaching.
Jobs with a Master’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising
- Purchasing Manager- Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services. Includes wholesale or retail trade merchandising managers and procurement managers. Median Annual Salary: $126,000.
- Postsecondary Teacher– Instruct students in Fashion Merchandising courses beyond the high school level. Median Annual Salary: $80,000.
- Top Executive- Plan strategies and policies to ensure that an organization meets its goals. Median Annual Salary: $105,000.
- Author- Develop written content for various types of media on the topic of Fashion Merchandising. Median Annual Salary: $122,000.