Conflict Resolution: Degrees and Jobs for Military and VeteransAn education in Conflict Resolution teaches students the theoretical and practical aspects of analyzing and resolving conflict. Students are taught problem-solving skills for disagreements and how to engage workable solutions to positively impact conflict of all kinds. From teen angst to international diplomacy, a certificate or degree in Conflict Resolution is a great asset for all careers and professions.
- Understand various system dynamics and differing worldviews
- Utilize a variety of techniques, tools, theories, and processes to work towards reaching constructive outcomes
- Use a variety of techniques, tools, theories, and processes to achieve conflict resolution goals.
- Effectively utilize personal and professional understandings of conflict resolution
- Utilize constructive collaborations for positive outcomes
Certificate Programs in Conflict ResolutionAn undergraduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution can be a great introductory program to this field of study. An undergraduate certificate program will offer a cursory overview of conflict resolution theories, tools, techniques, and goals. Students can earn an undergraduate certificate as a standalone program or in conjunction with an Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
A graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution is also quite popular across many academic and career fields. These graduate certificates are usually designed for students already possessing most or all of their baccalaureate credits, to enhance or diversify their studies. Graduate certificates are also popular with professionals already working in a related field and for those wishing to enhance their marketable skills and earning power.
Jobs with a Certificate in Conflict Resolution:
- Human Service Assistant- Provides client services in a variety of fields, such as psychology, rehabilitation, and social work. Median Annual Salary: $36,000.
- Investigator- Search for information about legal, financial, and personal matters. Median Annual Salary: $53,000.
****Online Certificate Programs
Golden Gate University - Offers a graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution. This program can be completed online, on-campus, or both. Golden Gate University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Associate Degree in Conflict ResolutionAn Associate Degree in Conflict Resolution will cover the core teachings of conflict resolution including:
- Analyzing how conflicts start and develop
- Identifying how to appropriately intervene in conflicts
- Applying essential conflict management skills in communication, negotiation, mediation, and engagement
Jobs with an Associate Degree in Conflict Resolution:
- Legal Assistant- Performs a variety of tasks to support lawyers. Median Annual Salary: $53,000.
- Police Officer- Protects lives and property. Median Annual Salary: $67,000.
Bachelor’s Degree in Conflict ResolutionAn undergraduate degree in Conflict Resolution will provide students with a comprehensive, interdisciplinary education. A Bachelor’s in Conflict Resolution is designed to give students the skills to manage conflicts in the workplace, in complex collaborative environments, and in varied situations involving diverse populations.
Students can individualize their studies based on interests and future career goals. Popular careers for this degree include:
- Conflict Analyst
- Field Officer
- Human Resource Manager
- Nonprofit Director
Jobs with a Bachelor’s Degree in Conflict Resolution:
- Mediator- Facilitates negotiation and dialogue between disputing parties to help resolve conflicts outside of the court system. Median Annual Salary: $66,000.
- Top Executive- Plan strategies and policies to ensure that an organization meets its goals. Median Annual Salary: $105,000.
- Human Resources Manager - Plan, coordinate, and direct the administrative functions of an organization. Median Annual Salary: $121,000.
Bethel University of Minnesota - Offers Reconciliation Studies as a major and a minor for its Bachelor degrees. Bethel participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Search and select multiple degree level.
Search and select multiple area of focus.
Troy University - TroyTroy, ALPartner School
Troy University is a public institution comprised of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, TROY provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to include doctoral programs, for...
Arkansas State University-Main CampusState University, ARPartner School
Focusing on its mission to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth and enrich lives, A-State meets the challenges of continuing as a destination university for more than 13,000 students through the combination of world-class research...
University of Colorado BoulderBoulder, COPartner School
University of Colorado Boulder University of Colorado Boulder is a 4-year, University of Colorado Boulder university located in Boulder, CO. Students at University of Colorado Boulder can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral degree programs.
Purdue University Northwest-HammondHammond, INPartner School
Purdue University Northwest Veterans Services: a program designed to create a community of university personnel, students, and community agencies that provide individual support/service that increases the likelihood of veterans and student service members successfully...
Lasell UniversityNewton, MAPartner School
Lasell University Military & Veteran Support Programs Lasell University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Lasell University has GI Bill-approved programs Lasell University is approved for Tuition Assistance Lasell University is a Yellow...
Emerson CollegeBoston, MAPartner School
Emerson College offers educational programs that prepare undergraduate and graduate students to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in communication and the arts, and to pursue scholarship and work that brings innovation to these disciplines.
University of DaytonDayton, OHPartner School
University of Dayton University of Dayton is a 4-year, private university located in Dayton, OH. Students at University of Dayton can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. University of Dayton Military &...
Xavier UniversityCincinnati, OHPartner School
Xavier University Military & Veteran Support Programs Xavier offers the following veteran and military support programs: Xavier has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for military experience Awards credit...
East Tennessee State UniversityJohnson City, TNPartner School
East Tennessee University was ranked one of 2018’s best colleges and universities for military and veterans. They pride themselves on creating productive citizens who serve their communities. It’s easy to become part of this...
Alamo Colleges DistrictSan Antonio, TXPartner School
The Alamo Colleges District provides support and advocacy for our military families through offices on Joint Base San Antonio and at our colleges through St. Philip’s College Military Support Services (MSS) Department and San...
Master’s Degree in Conflict ResolutionA Master’s Degree in Conflict Resolution is a popular choice for those seeking to become an expert in this field and those wishing to maximize their leadership skills in any career. A graduate degree in Conflict Resolution is also a great choice for those choosing to focus on research or teaching related courses.
Jobs with a Master’s Degree in Conflict Resolution:
- School Counselor- Helps students develop academic and social skills. Median Annual Salary: $58,000.
- Postsecondary Teacher- Instruct students in Conflict Resolution courses beyond the high school level. Median Annual Salary: $80,000.
- Public Relations Manager- Directs the creation of materials that will enhance the public image of their employer or client. Median Annual Salary: $118,000.
****Online Master’s Programs
California University of Pennsylvania - Offers a fully online Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution.