Earn a Certificate in Language and Increase Your Earning Potential!If you are fluent in more than one language or desire to learn a second language, then earning a Certificate in Language is an excellent choice for educational growth, job marketability, and career earning power. Earning a Certificate in Language will be an easy and quick educational accomplishment for those already fluent or proficient in a second language other than English.
For those not already skilled in a second language, a certificate program is an exceptional opportunity to learn and become proficient in speaking and reading another language!
A Certificate in Language enhances one’s job and income prospects and is a desirable asset across many career fields including:
- Social Work
- Law Enforcement
- Health Care
Undergraduate CertificatesAn undergraduate Certificate in Language is a great starting point for students seeking educational advancement. A Certificate in Language at the undergraduate level will consist of basic benchmarks such as fluency, pronunciation, literacy, and accuracy of translation.
Popular language programs include:
Graduate CertificatesA graduate Certificate in Language is intended for those already possessing an undergraduate degree.
Many programs are designed for the working professional seeking to enhance their current degree(s) and/or career. Students entering into a graduate level certificate program can do so as a stand-alone certification or in conjunction with a Master’s program.
A graduate certificate will be more interdisciplinary and comprehensive in the knowledge it imparts to students. Topics of study typically include:
- knowledge of culturally specific behavior, customs, and values
- understanding of target culture, history, literature, music, and folklore
- appreciation of diversity
- sensitivity to cultural issues
- awareness of differences in cultural perspectives
- language competence for speaking, writing, reading, and listening
Search and select multiple degree level.
Search and select multiple area of focus.
Troy University - TroyTroy, ALPartner School
Troy University is a public institution comprised of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, TROY provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to include doctoral programs, for...
Arkansas State University-Main CampusState University, ARPartner School
Focusing on its mission to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth and enrich lives, A-State meets the challenges of continuing as a destination university for more than 13,000 students through the combination of world-class research...
University of Colorado BoulderBoulder, COPartner School
University of Colorado Boulder University of Colorado Boulder is a 4-year, University of Colorado Boulder university located in Boulder, CO. Students at University of Colorado Boulder can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral degree programs.
Purdue University Northwest-HammondHammond, INPartner School
Purdue University Northwest Veterans Services: a program designed to create a community of university personnel, students, and community agencies that provide individual support/service that increases the likelihood of veterans and student service members successfully...
Lasell UniversityNewton, MAPartner School
Lasell University Military & Veteran Support Programs Lasell University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Lasell University has GI Bill-approved programs Lasell University is approved for Tuition Assistance Lasell University is a Yellow...
Minnesota State University MoorheadMoorhead, MNPartner School
MSU Moorhead Military & Veteran Support Programs MSU Moorhead offers the following veteran and military support programs: MSU Moorhead has GI Bill®-approved programs Does not have a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for...
University of DaytonDayton, OHPartner School
University of Dayton University of Dayton is a 4-year, private university located in Dayton, OH. Students at University of Dayton can enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. University of Dayton Military &...
Xavier UniversityCincinnati, OHPartner School
Xavier University Military & Veteran Support Programs Xavier offers the following veteran and military support programs: Xavier has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit for military experience Awards credit...
Alamo Colleges DistrictSan Antonio, TXPartner School
The Alamo Colleges District provides support and advocacy for our military families through offices on Joint Base San Antonio and at our colleges through St. Philip’s College Military Support Services (MSS) Department and San...
East Tennessee State UniversityJohnson City, TNPartner School
East Tennessee University was ranked one of 2018’s best colleges and universities for military and veterans. They pride themselves on creating productive citizens who serve their communities. It’s easy to become part of this...
University of the Incarnate WordSan Antonio, TXPartner School
UIW is dedicated to the success of military students at all levels. Degree programs are developed to maximize military service while providing a foundation for post-military life. Many faculty and staff have former military experience...
Houston Christian UniversityHouston, TXPartner School
Houston Christian University Military & Veteran Support Programs Houston Christian University offers the following veteran and military support programs: Houston Christian University has GI Bill approved programs Has a Student Veterans of America chapter Offers credit...
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityBlacksburg, VAPartner School
The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
Jobs with a Certificate in Language:
- Teacher assistant- Work with a licensed teacher to give students additional attention and instruction. Median Annual Salary: $29,000.
- Tour guide– Plan, organize, and conduct long distance or sightseeing tours, travel, or expeditions. May escort individuals or groups through places of interest such as industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries. Median Annual Salary: $29,000.
- Travel agent- Sell transportation, lodging, and entertainment activities to individuals and groups planning trips. Median Annual Salary: $42,000.
- Interpreter- Convert information from one language into another language. Interpreters work in settings such as schools, hospitals, courtrooms, meeting rooms, and conference centers. Some work for translation and interpretation companies, individual organizations, or private clients. Median Annual Salary: $52,000.
- Adult ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher- Instruct adults in fundamental skills, such as reading and speaking English. They also help students earn their high school equivalency credential. Median Annual Salary: $55,000.
- Human resource specialist- Recruit, screen, interview, and place workers. They also handle employee relations, compensation and benefits, and training. Human resources specialists generally work in offices. Some, particularly recruitment specialists, travel extensively to attend job fairs, visit college campuses, and meet with applicants. Median Annual Salary: $63,000.
GI Bill®-approved Schools Offering Language CertificatesReady to start a Certificate in Language? Check out these great programs available at our partner schools:
Offers several Certificates of Accomplishment in Spanish Language Skills.
Offers undergraduate Certificates in Translation in French and German. American University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Offers a Certificate in Iroquois Linguistics. This program is designed to revitalize and preserve the Iroquois language for future generations. Syracuse participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Online Language Certificate Programs for Military Veterans
Offers several, fully online undergraduate certificates including Spanish for Law Enforcement, Spanish for Business, and Arabic Language and Culture.
Offers a fully online undergraduate Certificate in Spanish. This certificate is also offered as a campus-based program. Fort Hays State University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.