Back-To-School season is here. Depending on where you live or if you shop at AAFES, there are additional ways to save. Timing your shopping to the Back-to-School Tax-Free Weekends are a great way to save even more money!
If you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, or Virginia, your tax-free weekends will be coming up soon. Or if you shop at AAFES, you can save, too.
During these tax-free weekends, you can shop for items such as clothing, shoes, and school supplies tax-free. Each of the states has different dates and might have slightly different rules for what qualifies. Additionally, all AAFES customers can save, too, during this time.
States With Back-To-School Tax-Free Weekends
Here are the dates, and what is included for your reference. Unfortunately, some dates have passed for 2019. Come back earlier next year for 2020’s dates. We’ll be sure to update once we receive them.
- Alabama – July 19th-21st on clothing, computers, school supplies, and books
- Arkansas – August 3rd-4th on clothing and school supplies
- Connecticut – August 18th-24th on clothing and footwear
- Florida – August 2nd-6th on clothing, school supplies, and computers
- Iowa – August 2nd-3rd on clothing
- Maryland – August 11th-17th on clothing and footwear
- Massachusetts – August 17th-18th on all TPP
- Mississippi – July 26th-27th on clothing and footwear
- Missouri – August 2nd-4th on clothing, computers, and school supplies
- New Mexico – August 2nd-4th on clothing, computers, computer equipment, and school supplies
- Ohio – August 2nd-4th on clothing and school supplies
- Oklahoma – August 2nd-4th on clothing
- South Carolina – August 2nd-4th on clothing, school supplies, computers, and other
- Tennessee – July 26th-28th on clothing, school supplies, and computers
- Texas – August 9th-11th on clothing, backpacks, and school supplies
- Virginia – August 2nd-4th on clothing, school supplies, Energy Star products, human prep items, and generators
You can find more info on your state’s tax-free weekend here.
AAFES Back-To-School Tax-Free Weekend Offer Additional Savings
At AAFES, the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, you can shop tax-free every day. During tax-free weekends they are offering an additional percentage off. This percentage is equal to your state’s tax rate.
For example, in Florida the sales tax rate is 6%. You would save 6% regularly at your local AAFES. During the AAFES tax-free weekend you would save an additional 6%.
The AAFES tax-free weekend for 2019 is August 2nd-6th.
“The additional savings during the tax holiday is a way the Exchange says ‘thank you’ to our service members and their families as they prepare for a new school year.” –Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Luis Reyes, the Exchange’s senior enlisted advisor
So make plans to shop for clothing, shoes, computers, and school supplies at your local AAFES to receive your extra discount. Please keep in mind that the discount is not on all items sold at AAFES. Additionally, the discount is valid in-store only and not online.
You can find more info on the AAFES tax-free weekend promotion here.
- Back-To-School Discounts for Military Families
- 10 Back-To-School Discounts for Military and Veteran Students
- How To Prep For Back-To-School as a New College Student
- Apple Military Discount vs Student Discount
- The Best Dorm Room Shopping Tips For Parents
- Microsoft Office Military Discount (@MyMilitaryBenefits)