Navy Scholarships for Military Members and Their Families
4 Navy Scholarship Opportunities for Military Members and Their Families
Going to college to further your professional career is a rewarding journey that can be costly, thankfully there are many resources out there for Navy families to utilize. There are scholarship opportunities for service members, dependent children, and military spouses. With the next school year fast approaching many opportunities for financial assistance are already underway.
The Navy Reserve Officers Training Corps (Navy ROTC) Scholarship
This program is done in conjunction with a normal college or university courses.
The scholarship offers full tuition coverage, a $750 stipend for textbooks per academic year, and a monthly subsistence allowance based on the year of college. This scholarship opportunity is available for two-year, three-year, and four-year college degree programs.
To be eligible for this scholarship opportunity you must qualify physically by the Marine Corps standards, have no criminal record, and possess a qualifying score on a college entrance exam. Visit their website to learn more or apple for the scholarship.
Navy SEAL Foundation Scholarships
This scholarship opportunity includes vocational, certificate, licensure, bachelor’s degree, associate degree, and can include graduate degree scholarship opportunities for qualifying applicants.
The scholarship is awarded on academic potential taking into account grade point average, SAT scores, class rankings, and extracurricular activity to name a few.
Scholarships are available to full-time and part-time students. The scholarship award amounts can vary.
- Navy Sea, Air, and Land Teams (SEAL) active duty service members
- Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen (SWCC) active duty service members
- Support personnel on their second Naval Special Warfare (NSW) tour (their spouses and dependent children)
- Post-9/11 veterans (SEAL and SWCC)
- Gold Star/surviving spouses and dependents
Eligibility is for one cycle each year. In January 2021 the program is expanding its eligibility to include SEAL retirees and their dependents as well as SWCC retirees and their dependents, which include spouses, high-school seniors, and college-age students.
Visit their website for more details.
Naval-Marine Corps Relief Society Education Assistance
This education assistance program consists of interest-free loans and grants for undergraduate and master’s degree students attending an accredited two-year or four-year post-secondary, technical, or vocational institution within the United States.
The program assistance ranges from $500 to $3,000 per academic year. The funds received through the program can be used for room and board, tuition, books, and fees.
You will be able to apply for the 2021-2022 school year on November 1, 2020.
Check their website for more details.
- Children of active duty or retired Sailors and Marines
- Spouses of active duty or retired Sailors and Marines
- Children of deceased Sailors or Marines
- Marine Corps Enlisted Commissioning Education Program (MECEP) or MECP students
Navy Wives Clubs of America, Inc. (NWCA)
This program provides up to 30 scholarships annually to children and spouses of the Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard. To apply you must show your need for financial assistance. Students will need to have at least a 2.5-grade point average (GPA), qualify for graduation, or be a graduate of an accredited high school or equivalent. Spouses can apply for assistance for college, vocational business, and training. The deadline for scholarship applications are March 31st of each year. Visit their website for more details.
- Active duty dependent children
- Child of retiree
- Child of a deceased member
- Spouse of active duty
- Spouse of retiree
Scholarship Finding Checklist
- Check the individual details of the program requirements once you find the right scholarship opportunity for you.
- You will need to verify your military affiliation and possibly provide further documentation.
- Make sure to pay close attention to program deadlines so you do not miss out on these amazing opportunities.
Use the CollegeRecon Scholarship Finder for Military and Veterans
- College Scholarships for Military and Veterans
- Scholarships for Air Force Service Members and Veterans